Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO Eaf for Altair Wave 102

Hi. Hoping somebody can help me out? I have an Altair Wave 102 Triplet, as the title suggests I am looking to buy a ZWO EAF for it. However, just wanting to ask if anybody has installed this successfully as I’m not sure which screws to remove from the underside of the focuser to put it on? I would like to know before I buy it, not knowing if it even fits. Did ask Altair Astro but couldn’t tell me as they don’t sell ZWO gear. Might be the same focuser as the Altair Wave 115 etc..?

Edited by JonHigh

• JonHigh changed the title to ZWO Eaf for Altair Wave 102
6 minutes ago, JonHigh said:

Nobody can help? 
I always thought it odd that the serial number on my telescope was 0001.  I guess Altair Astro don’t sell many of these scopes! 😂

i would seriously appreciate any help. 

Do you have a photo of your focuser? Also the underside of it with all the screws. Finally is it a 2.5” focuser?

The two recessed holes either side of the focuser large silver locking thumb screw. Do they have grub screws recessed inside? I see that your focuser is circular on the bottom whereas my Starfield 102 had a flat bottom. If there’s grub screws inside then they are generally removed and allow the EAF plate to be secured by the supplied screws into those threads.

6D19E8F1-478D-44C3-A400-58A0365EB6AE.jpeg.a98977baf666aaccd010e06e076beb52.jpeg

Edited by bosun21

Okay, thank you. I have just checked and indeed there are grub screws albeit very recessed. So never done this before, I take it these are not mounting or tension screws etc? So it will work? Odd it’s cylindrical and not flat. I hope that doesn’t affect anything?

Edited by JonHigh

1 hour ago, JonHigh said:

Okay, thank you. I have just checked and indeed there are grub screws albeit very recessed. So never done this before, I take it these are not mounting or tension screws etc? So it will work? Odd it’s cylindrical and not flat. I hope that doesn’t affect anything?

The recessed grub screws are just to keep the threads clean and free of any dirt or debris. They have no mechanical purpose other than that. With the EAF plate secured tightly to both of those it should still hold the EAF securely. Remember and attach it to the single speed side of the focuser. You completely remove the thumb screw and put it somewhere safe incase you sell the scope down the road without the EAF.

Edited by bosun21
  • Thanks 1

Hi. Just to say thank you again. 
The EAF arrived from FLO today and installed it following your suggestions. Used these two treads to secure the bracket. All working well. Just have to work out how to use it in APT. A constant learning! 👍🏻IMG_1100.thumb.jpeg.b2b497940b767da8d6631767ef6f88be.jpeg

Edited by JonHigh