Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick shot of Jupiter with a 4” Refractor

JonHigh

Hi all. 
I took a very quick, unplanned shot of Jupiter following a cancelled nebula plan due to horrible skies that rolled in. I even forgot to take the Triband filter out! I know it’s not great but hey just wanted to share…

03_13_00_lapl5_ap4REG.jpeg

Edited by JonHigh
  • Like 4

• JonHigh changed the title to A quick shot of Jupiter with a 4” Refractor

Yup. Had a tiny ROI. Just one 3 minute video before the seeing got so bad I couldn’t see it. Processed in Autostakkert and Registax with colour correction and RGB Alignment due to the filter being in place LOl. 
It’s just an awesome camera and can’t recommend it enough. Just handles anything you throw at it! Only issue is the FPS is very slow compared to my ASI585 or any other dedicated planetary camera. I did take an unplanned video of the moon as well on the same evening that I posted up. That’s impressive too! Going to put it my Mak just to see how it performs once the skies clear enough for good captures. 

Edited by JonHigh
  • Like 1