Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beat place online for degree circle printing?

I used instant print for mine.  They have templates so you can make sure your print doesn't get resized.

I used waterproof pvc for mine.  The ink is not massively hard wearing and will scratch off with a bit of effort (mine are fine after several months though).  Probably a bit of varnish would help if it were a concern.

It does mean I didn't need to get them cut out or worry about picture getting through penetrations on the lamination and I could print other stuff on the sheet.  Ended up getting two sets of circles, puckle of verniers (spares in case of loss) and a couple extra circles for my az5.

PXL_20230406_155236523.jpg

Edited by Ratlet
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ratlet said:

I never got round to actually fitting them 😳.  I've been having too much fun with the dob.

I used these.  I was mostly trying to get my monies worth out of the printing so filled the sheet as much as I could

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/621600-skywatcher-az5-manual-head-setting-circles/

Ok, cheers.  I might give that a go. 

11 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

Hope they work for you!  I loved mine on the dob, though I used a digital inclinometer for inclination.  Like goto should be.

Yes, I have the on my dob base and use a wixey angle gauge - it works so well that I've been looking for a similar system for my frac.  My only reservation is how small the graduations are for the AZ5, but should get me in the general area I hope! 

I used a company called printpond.co.uk in the end. Delivered in two days so I'm happy with that. Now I just need to play around making some kind of pointer.

Cheers

Ryan.

Edited by RyanL
Fat thumbs!
  • Like 1