Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Losmandy GM8

glowjet

Hi,

I am posting from my dad's account some may have known him on here. Sadly he passed away a few years back. I have his telescope equipment and not sure what to do. I have a losmandy gm8 and all the parts from what I can find. Plus probably a few extra bits. Not sure where I can post to ask info on this? I would like to sell the mount. And the telescope in due coarse but do not know what to ask for it? Can anybody give me any advice? Sorry if this is in the wrong section but did not know where to post.

The usual starting point for most astro gear offered for sale in here seems to be about 2/3 of the current retail price. If it does not sell at that, you can always reduce the price. Or, if you are looking for a quick sale, start slightly lower.

Hi John, I wasn't aware of your dad's passing sorry to hear the news;  I do remember him from his profile picture.  ENS Optical who are a commercial operator dealing with second hand equipment have a GM8 with tripod listed at the moment for £950, that may give you an idea and a starting point. 

https://ensoptical.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14413

Jim 

Edited by saac

• 4 weeks later...

You appear to be missing the adapter to a telescope. The parts in the second picture should be bolted together (3 bolts - 2 of which I can see in the picture).  That forms the standard focuser which then needs an adapter flange for the scope it will attach to.

Have you any idea if there is  a flange for it and waht scope it was fitted on? RVO advertise some flanges for clearance but generally they are obtainable from the US for $75 plus shipping/taxes etc.

With a flange the focuser could be sold for up to £200 imo (see ABS for previous sales). Without the flange someone might take a chance on it but that could knock a fair bit off the price you could get.  If you still have the scope(s) do they have a focuser attached - if not one may have the flange fitted.

Sorry for your loss if we can help with equipment details please don't hessitate to ask.