Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Super Moon tonight 30/31 August 2023

Mark at Beaufort

I just had a look at the Full Moon which is quite low at the moment. I decided to have a look at this Moon because it will be at its closest until January 2037. It's going cloudy at the moment so this is my best chance at seeing it.

I started with my binocular 12x70 but I have manage to use my 90mm SvBony  frac with the 7mm EP.

Ok it's not going to be great but I cannot miss this opportunity.

• Like 1

I've had a few glimpses of the moon as it rose behind a large chestnut tree partially obscured by clouds. Might get some better views once its higher in the sky - there are a few stars showing through the thin cloud cover so the moon  should be visible if not at it's best definition.

20230830_210227.jpg.3d0c8f5b45894d23a0cae9db678e0abd.jpgQuite a spectacular Moonrise here at our Luxury Cumbrian Villa. Unfortunately I only had my phone camera to hand, which doesn't really lend itself to lunar photography.

Edited by Paul M
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

as it rose behind a large chestnut tree partially obscured by clouds. 

I had a clear view of it as it rose, but my battery was flat ! !  Now (local midnight) it is behind a cloud behind a tree ! Oh the trials & tribulations , (  my wife insisted we should see it :) ) What chance the clouds clear in time for it to present in that dip just to the right ?

5638s.jpg.512363f6d913d53407acde8a82541863.jpg

• Like 1