NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Almost ready to quit...

Mr Spock

You may have problems but here on a sub-tropical island the cloudy season has set in. Clouded out for several nights now with no end in sight.

The rainy season starts in a week or few and runs to November or later.

At least folk in the UK don't have to clean abrasive volcanic grit off their optics and out of their mounts.

On 03/09/2023 at 13:09, Mr Spock said:

The clouds are not aware of your presence...

...you are beneath them.

I can't believe this gem has been sat here since Sunday!

The break in the clouds has been timed perfectly with me working so I only get a cheeky wee half hour or so if I get up at 0300 instead of 0400.

Got to say though, Venus is looking fab in the morning

• Like 1

It's astounding! Time is fleeting!

The clouds have broken, at lest partially, and the sky is more transparent than I've seen it for months. I can walk around purely by starlight and that from the Milk Way - no torch required.

Making the best of it while I can.

This year has been the worst.  Smoke from Canada has been the real killer, fortunately it let up a month or so ago.  August is usually our best month and i got one really good night out of it.  I basically have between now and November before the clouds roll back in for the better part of 5 months