Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It takes all sorts.......

GazOC

Don't know which is wierder, the seller or the "foam 'scope".

A sale worth watching - it will be interesting to see if he sells and for how much. Any guesses anyone - Bet he gets $5 for it

Naz - what sort of time is 08:20:26 to be up out your bed on a Saturday morning. I know it stays light most of the night from now till August, where you are, but come on - go back and have another couple of hours kip.

Tom

Naz - what sort of time is 08:20:26 to be up out your bed on a Saturday morning. I know it stays light most of the night from now till August, where you are, but come on - go back and have another couple of hours kip.

Tom

When its cloudy, I go to bed early, when it's clear I sleep in the day, guess what last night was like?

:lol::D:) :) :)

naz

Tom

When its cloudy, I go to bed early, when it's clear I sleep in the day, guess what last night was like?

:lol::D:) :) :)

Sorry mate - should have realised. Didn't have a good night in Glasgow either. Looked okay about 8:30pm, so packed up the 'scope etc and headed out to Glen Fruin (near Loch Lomomd). A bit hazy and getting a lot of glow from glasgow in the SW, but as it got dark Saturn was ok. Spent about 45 mins looking at Saturn, 3 moons, Cassini and 2 cloud bands - all clearly evident about 10:15pm in the LX90, with a 16mm Nagler EP. Tried splitting Izar (epsilon Bootes), but couldn't at x125, so seeing was deteriorating fast. The moon was rising and through the clouds to the west it was a big orange ball.

Packed the kit at 10:40pm and headed home.

Tom

Naz, Tom

You have my full sympathy. It was 'sucker holes' time in London.

I managed to see Saturn, M67 & gamma Leo and Alcor & Mizar.

Pointless turning on the drives as it was a case of swinging the scope around to find the holes.

Archived