Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Autumn Skies from the Hideaway Huts

A year or two ago, I made a short review of the Hideaway Huts.

On my visit last Autumn I managed a quick late night photo as the clouds rolled in.

Not my best image, but had just a short window to capture the photons. Anyway, the owner has had a cancellation in July (think that they were due to be working at Vindolanda) and has a 'late availability offer' available. I've snagged 5 days, so fingers crossed for mid July, and hope to improve this image and a couple of others.

Chris

stanegate stars.jpeg

Edited by Cjg
typo
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, skyhog said:

Nice image,  my only thought would be the light nights in July from Northumberland though...

Very much lighter in July, but from about 00:30 until about 01:30'ish with no moon, hopefully enough, if not, there's always the possibility of some NLC's to be seen.  (Clouds permitting)

6 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Enjoy, Chris. Hope you get some clearer (and darker) skies than I’ve had in the Highlands this week! ☁️ 🌧️ 

Ah, sorry to see no clear skies for you this week….it’s always a gamble isn’t it! 
My week on Kythira, Greece was filled with stormy weather, high winds and cloudy nights!

Hopefully the Autumn will be kind to us.