Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Hideaway Huts, Stanegate, Northumberland

Cjg

Have just returned from a short break at the Wainscott, one of the three Hideaway Huts on the very edge of the Northumberland National Park.

The huts are astro friendly, supplied with Binoculars, a Planisphere and a red light torch. There is a viewing platform, facing south, with an electrical supply too. On  request, the friendly owners (who live locally) will deliver an 8inch dobsonian for residents to borrow, a solar scope is available too.

The location makes them perfect for holiday astronomy, and of course Kielder Observatory is about a 45 minute drive away too.

Ther huts are compact, so you'll be very good friends if not going with your partner, and are spotlessly clean and equipped with a bluetooth speaker and a TV with a set box for netflix, etc for cloudy nights.  Theres a compact fridge and combined oven / microwave with an induction hob.

The owner, Helen, bakes, and my "welcome baskets" included fresh baked bread, cakes, some local beer as well as the usual milk, eggs and bacon.

Highly recommended, enjoyed my time so much, I rebooked on my last day to visit in August! (  https://www.hideawayhuts.com/ )

20190622085107.JPG

photo_20210615181510_6553683_0.jpg

IMG_2290.JPG

20180607180258.JPG

• Like 14