Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever DSO Imaged and Processed - IC1805 Heart Nebula

Bargy

Just took up the hobby at Christmas this year, took me a while to learn enough to even setup the rig, let alone take any data.

I took the data for this image back in March 2023 but It's taken until now to get to a point where I can share an image having learnt both DSO imaging and Pixinsight from a standing start.

Anyway....

50 x 300s Lights
25 x Bias
25 x Dark
25 x Flat

Redcat51
ASI2600MC
AM5 Mount
ASI120mm Mini Guide
L-Ultimate Filter
ASIAIR

Pixinsight with WBPP, StarX, DBE, SPCC, BlurX and then Curves Transformation>

Reasonably chuffed for a first ever go..

large.starscopy.jpg.d3e54412645cca29fc6c6d3945ac9787.jpg

Edited by Bargy
Added image
  • Like 18

Phenomenal first image and actually not just as a first image - the image is good in general, really good job. Learning all of PixInsight and the various xT suites for a first image is very impressive.

Wow! Thanks for the comments guys - I wasn't sure what to expect. Been a bit hesitant to post anything being so new to the hobby. I am really happy with the image though, but I feel there is much room for improvement, especially with the colours. Taken in my bortle 6 back yard too on one evening so looking forward to getting to some darker skies and maybe doing multiple nights on something.