Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please help me decide šŸ™

assouptro

Ā Hi starpeeps!

Iā€™m really lucky to be going to Corfu on Monday! I havenā€™t been abroad for some time and struggling with making Astro kit decisionsĀ 

Ā Being so far south so close to the longest day I am hoping to capture an image of Rho Ophiunchi

I will be reverting back to one of 3 dslr cameras with a Samyang 135 lensĀ 

canon 6d unmodified or canon 6d modified (full spectrum) with Ā a full frame clip in Idas D1 filter or a canon 60d (also full spectrum no filters, or clip in astronomic uhc, ha, oiii, lp filters)

I will be using an Astrotrac TT320AXG (remember them?!) on a Giotto tripod with 2 Manfrotto Ā 410jnr heads, one for the Astrotrac, one for the camera of choiceĀ 

I would love to take a cooled mono with filters but I canā€™t work out the logistics! And I canā€™t carry power supplies or extension leads so I will be dependent on batteriesĀ 
Ā 

soā€¦.

Which camera, filter combo will best suit my task??Ā 

I should add, I will only have couple of nights at the start of the holiday due to the moon phase and the site is south facing bottle 4 (ish)Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! šŸ˜Š

BryanĀ 

It's a broadband/RGB target I believe so any camera will do. What you don't know is what your local light pollution will be like...

Edited by Elp
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Elp said:

It's a broadband/RGB target I believe so any camera will do. What you don't know is what your local light pollution will be like...

Thanks ElpĀ 

this is true!Ā 
Ig looks like the local lp should be low but as itā€™s a Villa, I would imagine there will be outside lights on sensors

As an electrican I should be able to deal with anything really local if I need to!Ā 
Ā 

thanks for your input! šŸ˜Š