Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ngc 6888- zwo533mc-200pds

bottletopburly

On 18/06/2023 at 10:36, bottletopburly said:

13.5 hrs on the jellyfish nebula, unheard of having a good run of nights, zwo533mc 200pds ,L Extreme filter , stacking in Siril processing in Startools 9 ,

mk4.1jellyfish.thumb.jpeg.bcf5e14a55ca149012b8f04c65ade327.jpeg

Very nice, never heard it called the jelly fish before only the crescent nebula.ย 

Adam

• Like 1

Great image but please correct me if I am wrong but this is the cresent nebula isn't it ?ย  (NGC 6888) or it looks like it.
To me I thoughtย  IC443 was the jellyfish nebula.

Or is it called different names by different people as I guess they are not official names ?
ย 

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Priesters said:

My opinion is that it looks more like the JellyFish nebula than the JellyFish nebula ๐Ÿ˜‚. ย Some of these names are very tenuous e.g. M1 - most crabs have legs ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes I would agree I think it does look like a jellyfish and a far better name than a cresent.
I think images that do not capture the whole of the jellyfish structure maybe do look like a cresent but this one certainly has the whole structure visible.

3 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

@Adam Jย @teoria_del_big_bangย @Priesters had in my head jellyfish ๐Ÿคฃ at least I got the correct NGC number we all know what it is lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ‘

No doubt at all what it was and a great image it is too, I do not think this is an easy target ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Steve

• Thanks 1