SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First prom image

Sunshine

With the wrong camera, no doubt wrong software, wrong editor, wrong person for solar imaging 😂 and a whole lot of button mashing I have managed a solar abomination!.

Make no mistake, I am aware I was using the wrong equipment (Neximage5) but I just had try something, exposing for this flare was a nightmare and ultimately I was not able to 

do it through Icap but by literally moving the sun so the flare was closer to the edge and the camera would adjust exposure. Then I hand tracked with one hand on the slomo knob

and the other pushed the button to record, If Mr. Bean took up imaging I may have actually learned a thing or two watching him. Why is it in black and white? I have no idea, how do

I apply color? no idea, will I get a proper mono camera? YES! this makes me realize just how talented solar imagers like @Nigella Bryant are, she can do this while sleeping but I will get there!!

Sun 5.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 10

That's an excellent image with lots of detail. :thumbsup:

Keep going! Anybody who can pull off such an image, against all the odds, deserves praise and even greater success.

I had a bit of a play to give you some colour, like you wanted: I am afraid I lost some of your original detail.

sunshinesprom.jpg.20f6df53378e7ade6ae7958c61cd3a9c.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rusted said:

That's an excellent image with lots of detail. :thumbsup:

Keep going! Anybody who can pull off such an image, against all the odds, deserves praise and even greater success.

I had a bit of a play to give you some colour, like you wanted: I am afraid I lost some of your original detail.

sunshinesprom.jpg.20f6df53378e7ade6ae7958c61cd3a9c.jpg

Whoa! that looks way better!

• Like 2

On 24/05/2023 at 20:17, Sunshine said:

With the wrong camera, no doubt wrong software, wrong editor, wrong person for solar imaging 😂 and a whole lot of button mashing I have managed a solar abomination!.

Make no mistake, I am aware I was using the wrong equipment (Neximage5) but I just had try something, exposing for this flare was a nightmare and ultimately I was not able to 

do it through Icap but by literally moving the sun so the flare was closer to the edge and the camera would adjust exposure. Then I hand tracked with one hand on the slomo knob

and the other pushed the button to record, If Mr. Bean took up imaging I may have actually learned a thing or two watching him. Why is it in black and white? I have no idea, how do

I apply color? no idea, will I get a proper mono camera? YES! this makes me realize just how talented solar imagers like @Nigella Bryant are, she can do this while sleeping but I will get there!!

Sun 5.jpeg

In case you didnt know, Nigella.... Isnt completely human when it comes to this kind of stuff.  She had mad ninja skills

Edited by Mike Q

17 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

You're doing well Sunshine, my first image's are nothing like they are today, practice, experiment, getting the best out of software, etc, etc. ImPPG is a great piece of free software especially for solar. 

Say the gal who turns out better images then most while she is in a coma LOL.