Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12 Newtonian Lunar hi res 29th April

neil phillips

Such lovely work.   The last one especially pops.   Your images are so clean all throughout.   Mine ALWAYS have spots not so good,  or ringing somewhere...  something.    Possibly I am leaning more heavily on the "lucky" part of lucky imaging.   HAHA

So glad you are getting to put that 12 through its paces!

Very best

Mike

On 05/05/2023 at 20:49, WestCoastCannuck said:

Such lovely work.   The last one especially pops.   Your images are so clean all throughout.   Mine ALWAYS have spots not so good,  or ringing somewhere...  something.    Possibly I am leaning more heavily on the "lucky" part of lucky imaging.   HAHA

So glad you are getting to put that 12 through its paces!

Very best

Mike

Just had slightly better seeing recently, that helps. I like using the 12" but its a fight, and slightly unnerving a lot of the time. Have to be so careful at 20 kgs and over 5ft. Unbalanced it can swing wildly

Thanks again for the positive comments

Edited by neil phillips

1 minute ago, neil phillips said:

Another process full size capture size

redo.png

@neil phillips My goodness! You can actually see all the much smaller craters, that are never normally resolved in images with 'scopes of around 8inches of aperture or less! Incredibles! One of the best Lunar images I've yet seen Neil! 

Wes, Liverpool ( Bortle 7 )

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 03:29, neil phillips said:

Got a few to go through. here's one just done 

full size click to open.  last one sharpened more. As can be seen i allowed the rims to over expose ( intentional i could see it ) As i wanted to see how much of a increase in perceived resolution was possible. Somewhat of a experiment. Think i will hold back a bit more in future. But it does help highlight finer smaller detail i think

12 newt 29th april 2023.png b.png c.png

12 newt 29th april 2023.png b.png

naturalf.png full.png b.png

naturalf.png full.png sharper.png b.png

@neil phillips IMPO Neil, the extra details/craters etc give it a much more "in-depth" feel to the image. It appears as though you have took a carving knife to the Moon and cut/shaped every perceivable rim and crater! Very impressive! 

Wes

Just now, wesdon1 said:

@neil phillips My goodness! You can actually see all the much smaller craters, that are never normally resolved in images with 'scopes of around 8inches of aperture or less! Incredibles! One of the best Lunar images I've yet seen Neil! 

Wes, Liverpool ( Bortle 7 )

Appreciated Wes its a very fine line between detail and noise. That's normally my goal. Pushing it to a point just before the noise starts becoming easily seen. Any more and it can seem impressive at first glance with the sharpness. But on closer inspection the images become covered in grain. Its false information. Its not real. So from that stand point it really shouldn't be there, no matter how impressive the overall sharpness is as a whole. A balance can be struck. And i like to think i am getting close to that,

I will leave it to others to decide if they think i am or not. But i am happy my end

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Appreciated Wes its a very fine line between detail and noise. That's normally my goal. Pushing it to a point just before the noise starts becoming easily seen. Any more and it can seem impressive at first glance with the sharpness. But on closer inspection the images become covered in grain. Its false information. Its not real. So from that stand point it really shouldn't be there, no matter how impressive the overall sharpness is as a whole. A balance can be struck. And i like to think i am getting close to that,

I will leave it to others to decide if they think i am or not. But i am happy my end

@neil phillips Yes Neil it makes sense what you're saying. I am only 8 months into my imaging journey, and have a lot still to learn! 

Wes. 

Just now, wesdon1 said:

@neil phillips Yes Neil it makes sense what you're saying. I am only 8 months into my imaging journey, and have a lot still to learn! 

Wes. 

I've always been known. To help where i can. So if you ever get stuck just give us a shout. Enjoy the new journey. There's whole world of fun at the end of it

• Thanks 1