Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad not working

I've had issues with multiple Telrads over the years.  They all seem to revolve around the switch (a potentiometer with switch) failing.  I've had some that won't come on at all, some that won't light until at full output, some with limited brightness travel before full brightness.  I generally just buy another because I don't have the spare time to mess with repairs, but you could try swapping out the switched potentiometer to see if that fixes the problem.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Louis D said:

I've had issues with multiple Telrads over the years.  They all seem to revolve around the switch (a potentiometer with switch) failing.  I've had some that won't come on at all, some that won't light until at full output, some with limited brightness travel before full brightness.  I generally just buy another because I don't have the spare time to mess with repairs, but you could try swapping out the switched potentiometer to see if that fixes the problem.

When I first got mine I thought it was broken.  I'd accidently set the pulse time for the circle to incredibly slow so that the circle was almost never displayed.  That's what I get for not reading the manual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratlet said:

When I first got mine I thought it was broken.  I'd accidently set the pulse time for the circle to incredibly slow so that the circle was almost never displayed.  That's what I get for not reading the manual.

When did Telrads start getting sold with built-in pulsers?  None of mine have one.  You generally have to install one of these kits yourself to get a pulsing function.  Are you referring to a Rigel QuikFinder instead?

Edited by Louis D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis D said:

When did Telrads start getting sold with built-in pulsers?  None of mine have one.  You generally have to install one of these kits yourself to get a pulsing function.  Are you referring to a Rigel QuikFinder instead?

Yes.  Yes I am.  I'd claim I was having a senior moment but I don't have the milage 😂.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

Yes.  Yes I am.  I'd claim I was having a senior moment but I don't have the milage 😂.

Don't worry - you are as old as you feel 😄

• Like 1