Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jones Emberson 1 - Headphones Nebula.

ollypenrice

Once again, imaged with Paul Kummer using RASA 8, ASI2600MC Pro and Avalon Linear.

This is a small planetary for 400mm of FL and the image is simple one shot colour with no added narrowband.  3 hours. This is a very tight crop.  A lovely object which I've never imaged before.

JE1V2web.thumb.jpg.2c834e8166e166407c09fdcbb876f1da.jpg

Edit: Please scroll down for a six hour version. It's better.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
typo
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Ibbo! said:

Nicely done Olly.

Popular target this month ,comparatively speaking.

Are you going to try Jones 1 later in the year?

Thanks. I don't know Jones 1 so will look it up right away.

(There's something marvelous in the sound of 'Jones Emberson One' to my ear. It's the presence of the letters on in each word: they resemble each other while not being identical. (Consonance to the poetry enthusiast. :grin:)

Olly

9 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Once again, imaged with Paul Kummer using RASA 8, ASI2600MC Pro and Avalon Linear.

This is a small planetary for 400mm of FL and the image is simple one shot colour with no added narrowband.  3 hours. This is a very tight crop.  A lovely object which I've never imaged before.

JE1V2web.thumb.jpg.2c834e8166e166407c09fdcbb876f1da.jpg

Olly

i see a lot of. is it flux in the black did you choose to take it out due to lack of data or due to it not really been the target?

11 hours ago, Earl said:

i see a lot of. is it flux in the black did you choose to take it out due to lack of data or due to it not really been the target?

There's no flux visible in the screen stretched linear stack, Earl. None in the 6 hour version below, either.

Paul doubled our data set, with the new subs also being dithered.  This has 6 hours, now. As with all things AP, the difference is probably borderline imperceptible to the casual viewer yet a cause for great rejoicing among the imagers themselves!

The detail held up so well, in this version, that I felt it could hardly be seen at full size so, for the first time ever, I upsampled it by about 20% and that is what you see here.

JE1upsampledFIN.thumb.jpg.4a402e30848abac1f502596bc310e174.jpg

Olly

• Like 3