NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another spectacular aurora (Hauganes, Iceland)

23 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Those images are incredible! I would really like to see such a sight.

But now, in a deep serious voice.

Your mission, Mr. Kon, should you decide to accept it,

Is to do one of your amazing ISS shots with those auroras!

Thanks. Getting ISS there would be incredible but getting a close up would have lost the aurora. Not sure if it's possible to have it at less magnification.

7 hours ago, Epick Crom said:

Wow, amazing shots Kostas! I would love to see the northern lights one day. Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Best Regards

Joe

Thanks Joe. That was one of the best displays I have ever seen. I thought you had the Aurora Australis, have you managed to see it or do you need to be further south?

• Like 1

Hi Kostas. Yeah we do have Aurora Australis here but I'm way to north to see them. I would have to go to Tasmania or New Zealand to see them. I might be travelling to England next year, my first ever trip to the northern hemisphere, are the Aurora Borealis visible from northern England? 

6 hours ago, Epick Crom said:

Hi Kostas. Yeah we do have Aurora Australis here but I'm way to north to see them. I would have to go to Tasmania or New Zealand to see them. I might be travelling to England next year, my first ever trip to the northern hemisphere, are the Aurora Borealis visible from northern England? 

Sounds exciting coming over. If you will be at the south at all message me and you can come and use my Dob to observe some northern delights.

I think if activity is high you can see them even in the south as we did this year. I remember when I lived in Scotland that they were visible regularly. The only issue is the weather 🥲.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kon said:

Sounds exciting coming over. If you will be at the south at all message me and you can come and use my Dob to observe some northern delights.

I think if activity is high you can see them even in the south as we did this year. I remember when I lived in Scotland that they were visible regularly. The only issue is the weather 🥲.

Thank you for the offer Kostas! I will definitely message you if all goes according to plan, would be nice to meet you in person and get a tour of your northern skies! 

Likewise if you ever come to Western Australia, I will be happy to show you the gems of our southern skies. 

Enjoy your stay in Iceland 😊

• Like 1