SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scam on eBay...

paul mc c

Thanks for posting. I've had a look at this on ebay and I admit I would not have realised. How do you tell if it is a scam, and does this mean a normal ebay user doesn't realise their account has been hacked yet?

I only realised when he contacted me via a Facebook group,when I asked where he was based he told me London,on eBay it was Bristol,and   Facebook it was someone from Canada's Facebook profile,and when I ask his bank details it was yet another name.

I reported it to eBay but it is still up.

Edited by paul mc c
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Louis D said:

It begs the question, where would the poster have gotten the images from?

They might be empty boxes. Just had an idea about the next astro items I sell😁
Sorry just looked at his listing on ebay - there do appear to be box contents.

Edited by Carbon Brush
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

I only realised when he contacted me via a Facebook group,when I asked where he was based he told me London,on eBay it was Bristol,and   Facebook it was someone from Canada's Facebook profile,and when I ask his bank details it was yet another name.

I reported it to eBay but it is still up.

How did he know how to contact outside of eBay? Wanting contact outside eBay is a scam warning sign, but how did he get your Facebook details?

On the listing side there's nothing to indicate this is a scam listing. The seller has 100% positive feedback and has sold other astro stuff that is consistent with the reason given for this sale. 

Other items sold also have the same surface background so I don't believe the account has been hacked. Are you sure the Facebook contact was genuine?

Yes I know what you mean....I screenshot the eBay listing as it was the same photos in the FB add,I ask was this his listing and he told me it was,it was just to hard to believe what was real and what wasn't.

36 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

How did he know how to contact outside of eBay? Wanting contact outside eBay is a scam warning sign, but how did he get your Facebook details?

On the listing side there's nothing to indicate this is a scam listing. The seller has 100% positive feedback and has sold other astro stuff that is consistent with the reason given for this sale. 

Other items sold also have the same surface background so I don't believe the account has been hacked. Are you sure the Facebook contact was genuine?