Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RASA 11 progress and a long exposure setback

20 hours ago, AKB said:

Absolutely fantastic.  Functional and beautiful.  You should go into business.

(Although, perhaps there aren’t that many customers for this particular scope!)

Tony

Thanks. 😁 They take quite a while to print. The dew shield takes 4 days to print and uses a whole 1kg reel of filament at £20 a reel. On the last one I had a five second power cut after three days so had to print a separate extension tube to complete it. 😟 I've now bought a UPS for the printer so it will handle up to about 15 mins loss of power which should cope with more than 90% of the kind of power cuts I get here. The rings are about 1.5 days each to print.

If you're interested in obtaining some rings and/or dew shield, (with or without end cap), drop me a PM. The dew shield in particular is a large item to post. 🙂

As you say there probably arn't that many possible RASA 11 customers. Wonder if FLO would like to stock them? 😁

Alan

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elp said:

This is nuts, how does it not lift/warp? You must have an excellent printer.

As long as the print bed is cleaned before use (IPA spray bottle and box of lint free cloths) and the bed is maintained at 60C while printing, it sticks to the bed very well, even with only 2mm thick walls and no brim. It's a PEI coated flexible steel magnetic bed which helps with print adhesion, and release afterwards. Turning the bed heater off it generally releases the print automatically when it's cooled, as the metal bed contracts more than the print.

I could have printed faster by increasing print speed and using 0.4mm layer height rather than the default 0.2mm but I like the prints to look their best as well. 🙂 I upgraded the software to use Linear Advance, so could have possibly gone up to 120mm/s print speed without losing quality but didn't risk it and stayed at 80mm/s.

Alan

• Like 1