Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are your targets this month?

Later in the month I'm going to use my 8x42's to observe the Lyrids. I don't usually observe meteor showers,so I thought why not.

I saw my last fireball in 1964,so here's hoping for another.

Still waiting for Cygnus to rise a little earlier. I want to observe NGC7000 (North American Nebula). I'll give this a try in my hand held binoculars.

I'm also trying for M101(again). Never seen it yet :) I'm not going to give up on this.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Clouds at the moment Glen. :)

I'm more an imaging person, so if the sky clears it will be Saturn (seeing permitting) and the whale/hockey-stick, though galaxies are always a damp squib through my 90mm scope. I'm looking forward to the upcoming nebula season as that suits my kit a bit better.

Yeh,the weather is not good at the moment.

I'm looking forward to Cygnus myself. Now the charioteer is leaving our skies. Cassiopeia is dipping behind the buildings to my North. My view South is crappy. Cloudy skies.....:)

I've got a deepo on now.

Glen.

saturn in the dob as it's about all I can see in my skies . Also, interested to see what the globs look like through my APM 20x100s (sold here as Helios Quantum 5s I think).

maybe a few doubles - I need to get round to marking the nice doubles on my sky atlas as my book of doubles (Sissy Haas) only has RA/dec co-ordinates and I havent got any kind of RA/dec guage on my dob (can't be bothered to faff about with laptops and wixeys etc when I'm outside).

Archived