Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zoom eyepiece comparisons.

Chaz2b

24 minutes ago, Don Pensack said:

We've been through this before.  A very small number of their products are unique to Svbony.  Most of them are available from other labels and in most cases were available under other labels first, in some cases long before.

They are to be commended for doing a good job of promotion, and offering a wide variety of products.

But, in terms of eyepieces, except for a couple of the zooms, and the plastic lens eyepieces, I see nothing that wasn't offered by other companies earlier.

They are not a manufacturer for other big names.  You are just being a shill for their brand name.  They sell eyepieces made by KunMing United Optics, Barsta, Suzhou Synta, and Tianyuan--maybe others.

Like Omegon, or Levenhuk, or Telescope Service, etc., they are selling rebranded products from other suppliers.  That's fine, and the prices are OK.  But let's not pretend they are some large manufacturer of optical equipment.

Hong Kong is not a big source for optics made in China.

And for your additional info they are growing larger by the week ! Keep it in mind, if you will !

Svbony in the mid 2000's made various optical components for a variety of named companys while under the VITE name, from their factory(s), then in or about 2016-2017 they expanded or broadened into selling all sorts of optical gear from telescopes, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, microscopes, eyepieces, astro cameras, filters etc.,etc. under the name Svbony to this day and are becoming more and more highly regarded with each passing clear viewing nite.  I won't speculate as to how many other companies they may own / part own. I am just another fellow astronomer, I don't deal in anything about anything about anyone but I do know I own a lot of their products up through the years, my experience is broad and everytime I use something of theirs its solid !  The only item that I wasn't happy with was a 1.25" diagonal with the red sides, a fair number of years ago. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it !   PS :  Please go with your own thoughts, your own intuition don't go with anything I have said to make your astronomy decisions ! Astronomy is supposed to be a great hobby, a fun pastime, there should be no room for .......... even from .........

Edited by LDW1