NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Strange objects

Voyager

Over a week ago i was doing some stargazing about 11pm with my binoculars and noticed a moving object in the sky. I couldn't see it with the naked eye, only when i used the bino's i could see it. It wasn't flashing like a plane does, plus it moved alot faster. Then the other night i was out with my girlfriend about 10pm, she saw a similar object to the one i saw. Is it possible i could of seen a satellite, or could it be something else?:)

Steve and Russ are spot on, each and every night I'm out I see many satellites.

Some are bright, some tumble, some are so faint that they are dim even through the telescope.

But get a bright one go through the fov when you're looking and it doesn't half make you jump :) .

Cheers

Ant

I love it when I catch a sat. Something really cool about seeing them (not sure why)! They are usually going so fast though that it's impossible to track it... so only get a teasing glimpse.

A large flock of geese came straight through once... which really made me jump. Took my brain a few seconds to work out what I was looking at!

Sunday morning (5th april 2009), at 1:19 AM I was taking some photos. In one photo I saw a strange object. Does anyone know what it is?

The exposure time is 30 seconds, direction: N. It was taken from Romania.

The sky was clear, weather was fine.

post-16372-133877365768_thumb.jpg

post-16372-133877365776_thumb.jpg

Sunday morning (5th april 2009), at 1:19 AM I was taking some photos. In one photo I saw a strange object. Does anyone know what it is?

The exposure time is 30 seconds, direction: N. It was taken from Romania.

The sky was clear, weather was fine.

Lens flare ?

Steve.

Archived