Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield Flaming Star, composite image.

ollypenrice

Imaged with Peter Woods and Paul Kummer.

This is a crop from a Samyang 135 widefield to put our recent RASA image in a bit more context. The RASA data were added without the stars and then the Samyang stars alone were put back in. I've done a lot of composites like this in the past but this is the first time I've done it using only the widefield stars. This makes life much easier because the star count is always higher in the bigger optics.

IC410HYBRIDweb.thumb.jpg.a8defd82724901638e3bfe797eedf895.jpg

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
Tweaks!
  • Like 20

Awesome!

Olly, I will never forget when when you were trying to help me years ago when I was struggling with an image, you were suggesting I use DBE in Pixinsight and I complained that I needed to buy another piece of hardware, and software was lower on my list of priorities

I think it was sept 2017 when you gave me this advice

“However, software is equipment. Honestly, the contribution of processing software to the success or failure on an image can easily be greater than that of the hardware, depending on your sky.

Olly“

I cannot believe what is capable now with software! 
images combined from several sessions/scopes/locations and seamlessly stitched together to produce something as wonderful as this! 
Bravo! And thank you for all the help and advice over the years

I love this one especially as I can zoom in to an area of interest that I have been imaging recently and I can see it in some context 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1