Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixel 6 pro phone mount options?

52 minutes ago, stafford_stargazer said:

Is there a mount or holder you can get to attach my pixel 6 pro to my eyepeice of my ed doublet.

Thanks Gary 

To be honest, most of them will Gary. I’ve got a Pixel 6 Pro too. The Celestron NeXYZ should be fine, though I haven’t tried mine yet. Which eyepieces do you use?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stafford_stargazer said:

Thanks stu.

To be fair at the moment I've not got the eyepeices I wasn't in the long run, but for not got a tmb planetary II 3.2mm and bco 6mm.

Thanks for info, did look at that one briefly.

You may have some challenges with the BCO because it is so short and will be difficult to grip onto.

Many moons ago I did some basic reviews of a number of different ones I owned. Might be useful for the pictures to show you more about how they work. Link here, it’s on my old Astro group website.

http://www.waltonastrogroup.co.uk/equipment-reviews.html

• Thanks 1

I have the NexYZ and it works well with my Pixel 6.

But prewarning, you will likely get weird purple artifacts in your pictures from the laser autofocus module, I've yet to try covering this up on my non-pro version

There is this new to the market which looks well put together, but I've not seen any reviews yet - https://www.moveshootmove.com/collections/move-shoot-move-rotator/products/msm-xyz-phone-mount-for-telescope

6 hours ago, doublevodka said:

I have the NexYZ and it works well with my Pixel 6.

But prewarning, you will likely get weird purple artifacts in your pictures from the laser autofocus module, I've yet to try covering this up on my non-pro version

There is this new to the market which looks well put together, but I've not seen any reviews yet - https://www.moveshootmove.com/collections/move-shoot-move-rotator/products/msm-xyz-phone-mount-for-telescope

Wisely or not, I actually preordered one of those and should get it before the end of the month.

I’ll update on how well it works, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Second Time Around said:

How did it go, Stu?

With the MoveShootMove mount? Very well indeed. I think they are the best phones mounts available on the market now; a lot more rigid than the NeXYZ and hold position better too.