SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stellarmate just a nice window dressing?

sulaco

Hi,

I’ve been using Kstars with Ekos and the stellarmate app on a Pi4 for sometime, accessing it as a server from a Mac indoors but for the life of me I just can’t get the mobile app to work. 
The screen grabs on the web site look great and on the odd occasion it’s worked but at the moment there’s always some function that doesn’t work, right now it’s just a button to enable a new optical train. I thought tonights update might fix it but no. 
I don’t see a lot of chat about it here so can I assume others have dumped it in favour of ASIAIR?  
Thanks

Campbell

8 hours ago, sulaco said:

it’s just a button to enable a new optical train

Don't use either ASIAIR or Stellarmate; buT Linux Mint with the latest KStars/Ekos. You configure the optical train once the first time you start a session on a certain profile. Double-click in each column, and a drop-down list appears. Add stuff on the "telescopes and lenses" button. Not intuitive. Can't see how you can have more than two cameras (optical trains), but the guys are working on this. That's why this feature is implemented today, more will come.

On 06/02/2023 at 08:17, Rallemikken said:

Don't use either ASIAIR or Stellarmate; buT Linux Mint with the latest KStars/Ekos. You configure the optical train once the first time you start a session on a certain profile. Double-click in each column, and a drop-down list appears. Add stuff on the "telescopes and lenses" button. Not intuitive. Can't see how you can have more than two cameras (optical trains), but the guys are working on this. That's why this feature is implemented today, more will come.

Hi, 

I've got all of the gear loaded into the initial profile but the screen that has the optical train doesn't show any nor will it create one when pressed. I surely can't be the only person with this problem? I don't seem to see many discussions about the Stellarmate mobile app here on the lounge given that it's quite a promoted aspect of the Stellarmate and Ekos setup.

Thanks

14 hours ago, sulaco said:

but the screen that has the optical train doesn't show any nor will it create one when pressed

This is how it looks on my machine. The pencil next to the "Train" dropdown menu opens the small window on the right.  This menu, the entrance to the whole "optical train" consept is not visible untill you have fired up a profile, and got the hardware reqognized.

KStars.png

Hi,

I think I wasn't clear, it's the mobile app that works in conjunction with the server on the pi that's a bag of problems. Ironically yesterday afternoon they released an update to the server app now it seems to be functioning. I know the programme is developed for little to no income for the guys at stellarmate but communication isn't great and the manuals are out of date. The computer based part of the app is great and generally have no problems but it's when you're outside and need the mobile I have real problems.

I think that is why AsiAir has proved to be more robust in function and is so popular.

Thanks for your help though.