Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT Live View

PeterCPC

Had a weird experience last night with APT. Never had it before.

I had my ASI294 connected. Live View just showed a very bright screen where I could not see any stars. I tried turning off auto and video several times and put in differing exposures but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Since switching to a dedicated astro cam, I can't get APT's live view to work reliably, or sometimes at all, although the capture side of things is fine. 

For initial focus and sync,  ASI Image seems a lot quicker and simpler and although a little quirky, at least it doesn't have APT's multiple irritating nag screens.  Once focussed, I then switch to APT.

It might be worth posting a question over on the APT forum (https://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4), to see if Yoddha can shed any light on the problem?

1 hour ago, almcl said:

Since switching to a dedicated astro cam, I can't get APT's live view to work reliably, or sometimes at all, although the capture side of things is fine. 

For initial focus and sync,  ASI Image seems a lot quicker and simpler and although a little quirky, at least it doesn't have APT's multiple irritating nag screens.  Once focussed, I then switch to APT.

It might be worth posting a question over on the APT forum (https://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4), to see if Yoddha can shed any light on the problem?

I have asked the question and will post any response here.

On 22/01/2023 at 10:06, almcl said:

The answer from APT was to put the gain in but let APT chose the exposure (auto). We'll see.

• 4 months later...

This is very helpful to me too. I get really poor delayed lag that makes focusing impossible! 😭 Perhaps I will adjust the gain first to see if that helps and if all else fails, I'll focus with ASI Image?