Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Exoplanet

andrew s

After fighting some hardware problems, consisting of a pc power supply failure and a ZWO guide camera that randomly froze any USB hub it was connected to, I managed to capture an exoplanet transit. Not spectacular or novel but its a first for me.

Not the best data with some thin cloud about getting worse near the end. Still learning how to use astro imagej to process the data and how to optimise the signal to noise using a new cmos camera. 

Plot.png.7f18db3219cdf02c2b88bbaad30a944a.png

Regards Andrew

PS Top marks to Dave at Pixel Skies for fixing the PC and endless help with the camera.

Edited by andrew s
  • Like 12

That looks like very rewarding and skilled work! Proper astronomy, innit.

Usually I run a mile when folk start talking about exoplanets and roll out an artists impression, complete with dolphins in oceans..🙊

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have started up loading my data into the AAVSO exoplanet database where NASA imports the data into its Exoplanet Watch database. I had not realised this until I discovered my data there. They analyse the data and if they deem it ok use it to update the planets emphasises. My data is the last point on the right.

Screenshot_20230305-143836_Gallery.thumb.jpg.30dd2ae357e12cf68b40d725191ce024.jpgRegards Andrew 

• Like 3