Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars tonight - 02.12.22

Graham Darke

31 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Terrific data there! Might be worth stacking more frames to control the noise level or combining images in Winjupos?

Thanks Space Cowboy. I’ve never used Winjupos before. Would it help on a single 4 minute capture? 

20 minutes ago, Graham Darke said:

Thanks Space Cowboy. I’ve never used Winjupos before. Would it help on a single 4 minute capture? 

If youve got another 4 min capture with similar detail or even 2 or 3 within say 20-30 mins then yes, combining the stacked images in winjupos to derotate the images would make a big difference to what you can do with processing without worrying about introducing noise. Are you using an EQ mount because you could do 6 min captures?

There are several tutorials on the winjupos website.

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Darke said:

I only got one 4 minute capture unfortunately. I was using the mount in AZ mode for this but could mount it EQ. 

Best of both worlds 🙂  You could stay in AZ mode and use derotation of video to correct the field rotation on a 6 min capture though derotation of video is a much longer process (depending on your computer spec). Derotation of images is much quicker but doesn't correct field rotation if the original capture is too long.

Whichever combination suits you best at the end of the day.

• Like 1