Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars - 2 Dec 2022

geoflewis

42 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

That’s an interesting question Stuart, could you amplify your thinking please? I haven’t cropped before stacking, just took the SER straight into AS3!, but I do set a pretty tight ROI in FireCapture. Why do you think that a tight crop, or ROI might give a yellow limb hue?

I'm guessing it's caused during stacking because the limb is too tight to the capture frame but on the uncropped ser file there was no yellow hue or on one's I'd cropped with a larger box. At first I thought I'd forgotten to RGB align but it wouldn't budge the coloured limb. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I'm guessing it's caused during stacking because the limb is too tight to the capture frame but on the uncropped ser file there was no yellow hue or on one's I'd cropped with a larger box. At first I thought I'd forgotten to RGB align but it wouldn't budge the coloured limb. 

That’s definitely an interested thought, thanks. Maybe I should try a more generous capture ROI….🤔

33 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I would imagine you could increase the ROI in pipp to see if it makes any difference on these captures?

Hmmm, I don't know how to do that. I didn't run these SERs through PIPP. Let's see if I can work out how to do that....🤔

EDIT:

So I think I've worked out how to increase the ROI in PIPP, so took it from 300x300 to 448x448, but boy that doesn't half increase the file size a lot - it went from 6Gb to 42GB, which is huge.....😱

Edited by geoflewis
As per EDIT comment

@Space Cowboy Stuart, here is a comparison of one of the SERs at original capture ROI (300x300) and then resized ROI (448x448) in PIPP.

2022-12-02-0007_5-GDL-RGB-Mars_lapl4_ap26_P30_sharp90_R6(Hist50-200)_Wav(1-1-20-30-40-50).jpg.fdcadd912bbaaa06812e607d948cb1a8.jpg2022-12-02-0007_5-GDL-RGB-Mars_pipp_lapl4_ap25_P30_sharp90_R6(Hist50-200)_Wav(1-1-20-30-40-50).jpg.52a4c43c04cbc7ccfdff740d439760e4.jpg

I set the same AP size in AS3!, stacked both for best 30%, applied same histogram, wavelets, RGB align and RGB balance settings in Registax. I can't see any material difference to the edge hue, can you?

54 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Hmmm, I don't know how to do that. I didn't run these SERs through PIPP. Let's see if I can work out how to do that....🤔

EDIT:

So I think I've worked out how to increase the ROI in PIPP, so took it from 300x300 to 448x448, but boy that doesn't half increase the file size a lot - it went from 6Gb to 42GB, which is huge.....😱

Ok figured out whats caused it in my case and it is the tight box size but its the rgb align thats causing the issue.  Just increasing the box size in as3 before stacking is all it needs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Ok figured out whats caused it in my case and it is the tight box size but its the rgb align thats causing the issue.  Just increasing the box size in as3 before stacking is all it needs.  

Are you using RGB align in AS3! or Registax? I always do mine in Registax. I've also never changed the ROI box size in AS3! (didn't realsise that you could...🙄, but now see that you can :thumbright:)

2 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Are you using RGB align in AS3! or Registax? I always do mine in Registax. I've also never changed the ROI box size in AS3! (didn't realsise that you could...🙄, but now see that you can :thumbright:)

Yes i use registax to rgb align. Yes your image looks the same. Are you taking the rgb align box to the outer edge of the image frame?

At least you now know how to increase your crop sizes 😊

3 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Are you taking the rgb align box to the outer edge of the image frame?

No, just around the planet with a bit to spare, so I'll try increasing that. There are so many variables to consider aren't there.....🤷‍♂️

EDIT:

Though in truth with the ADC there's really no RGB alignment to be done - it barely makes any difference

Edited by geoflewis

6 hours ago, geoflewis said:

No, just around the planet with a bit to spare, so I'll try increasing that. There are so many variables to consider aren't there.....🤷‍♂️

EDIT:

Though in truth with the ADC there's really no RGB alignment to be done - it barely makes any difference

Yes in theory the ADC should correct that but it's not 100% reliable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Yes in theory the ADC should correct that but it's not 100% reliable.

I agree, so I always do an RGB alignment just in case, but often there is no adjustment to the settings, i.e. they all stay at ‘0’.