SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Takahashi FSQ-106ED

56 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Yes yours is the older version, with what they call the captains wheel…they replaced it, with what was advertised as a better version of an adjuster…..not sure why, and what was wrong with the Captains wheel method….👍🏻

Thank you for claryfying. I wonder whether I should complain....It was advertised as an EDX4.

9 minutes ago, Mikkel Kroman said:

Thank you for claryfying. I wonder whether I should complain....It was advertised as an EDX4.

If you have bought that new, then yes I would as that is a very old stock item, where did you get that from….and what colour is the paint, if it is the old green then it’s very old, it should be the newer tak blue colour….it looks like the old green colour in the image, so it’s at least 3-4 years old, so, very old stock, I bought the FSQ85 EDX, 4 years ago,  and it’s the new blue colour with the new rotator…

Edited by Stuart1971

6 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

If you have bought that new, then yes I would as that is a very old stock item, where did you get that from….and what colour is the paint, if it is the old green then it’s very old, it should be the newer tak blue colour….it looks like the old green colour in the image, so it’s at least 3-4 years old, so, very old stock, I bought the FSQ85 EDX, 4 years ago,  and it’s the new blue colour with the new rotator…

I bought it used from a shop. It is green.

The latest version looks like this - you can't see the camera adjuster for 'gubbins' but there is no 'Captains Wheel' - the colour rendition of the blue paint is fairly accurate.

Hope that helps.

Still a fine scope though - I guess it depends what you paid for it - they are £6800 from a reputable dealer. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-fsq-106-series-refractor-telescopes.html

20210809_131647.jpg

20210809_131659.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 02/12/2022 at 16:00, Skipper Billy said:

I have just seen that you bought it 'used' - having said that it is an EDX not an EDX4 so you would be within your rights to return it as it was misrepresented. Again, all depends what you paid for it.

3,500 Euros. It has only been used in a lab. Not outside. I am really unsure of what to do. I has been cloudy for almost two months here so I am not able to take it out for a test.

I believe from the serial # you should be able to tell the year of manufacture. Also I think Takahashi changed their colour to light blue in mid 2016. That may give an idea on the age of if.

Unfortunately I don’t recall what year the EDX4 was released.