SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Elan Valley...

...astro weekend.  A mix of images taken between clouds, fog and rain.  A light painted Nantgwyllt Church: early evening and a new wood sculpture.  Finally the Garreg Ddu dam/reservior (ambient light).  All Canon 6D MkII and Sigma 24mm.  Combination of Lightroom, Sequator and Photoshop.

Cheers, Paul.  (much better when clicked...)

Nantgwyllt Church Milky Way.jpg

Raptor Wood Sculpture.jpg

Craig Goch Dam.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 13

Hi Paul,

Has one of your images been removed ? I come back to view more than once and the one with the best wall detail ( For me at least ) has gone ! 

I've seen a few shot taken in the valley but what do you think of the area ? It's a bit of a travel for you and not much less for me.

Dave.

Edited by davew
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, davew said:

Has one of your images been removed ?

Yes, this one @davew  !   Decided on a small reprocess and to crop out a big distorted Mars.

About a five hour journey.  Have been well over a dozen times.  It is a middle point for a loose group of astro friends.

I love it!  Can be a tad wet, plenty of opportunity for reflections!  

Well worth a visit for a combination of day and night activities.   Is darker than Yorkshire Dales.

Forgot to mention the Twix, Yorkie and Double Decker consumption  :)

Paul 

Church 10.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
?fixed problem with multiple light sources...
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Forgot to mention the Twix, Yorkie and Double Decker consumption

How could you ? These are the most important part of a night's imaging ! And I have another chocoholic's opinion to back me up.

Ah, yes, that's the shot. A very brooding church with fine stone walls and a touch of red in and around Orion. Thanks for updating.

I'll have to give the valley some thought as I have been quite far for a photo or two. 

Cheers Paul,

Dave.

• Like 1