Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 25th Nov CC

neil phillips

Setup after the rain and lightning. Was windy. And seeing not great. No chance with the 245mm Newtonian because of the wind. Used the Stella lyra Classical Cassegrain Was still flying around on screen. But tried the pause start technique best I could. ZWO ADC QHY462C. Baader Q Barlow Baader IR UV CUT EQ5 PRO mount.  single non derotated capture

Its not easy in good conditions, with what is effectively just over a 7" scope its even harder. But pulled some detail out.

Bottom image

130% resample

25 NOV CC.png SG.png 90.png S.png 90 2.png bright.png 80.png n.png

25 NOV CC.png SG.png 90.png S.png 90 2.png bright.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 14

8 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Wow Neil, what kind of magic are you using? That's very good given the terrible conditions last night. I fought for 2 hours, got frozen, but nothing much to show for my efforts.

Exactly what Geof said! Wow! That's from last night? You are pulling some fine details there.

17 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Wow Neil, what kind of magic are you using? That's very good given the terrible conditions last night. I fought for 2 hours, got frozen, but nothing much to show for my efforts.

Cheers Geof testament to how good these scopes are. I've been saying it for some time. Am surprised more are not in circulation. Premium optics for a non-premium price in my opinion. GSO got a lot of flak for reducing the size of the scope. But this is likely one reason it performs so well. Another good mass produced scope the Meade 7" F15 Maksutov used a 8.3/4 oversized primary reduced to 7" and that had the best optics of the meade scopes. I owned two of them at different times. I would put this on par with that. Actually, i think it's probably better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kon said:

Exactly what Geof said! Wow! That's from last night? You are pulling some fine details there.

First capture of the night I do have a 10 min version for de rotation try that later. Sometimes the wind was worse so this might be the best from the night anyway

Cheers Kon

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Cheers Geof testament to how good these scopes are. I've been saying it for some time. Am surprised more are not in circulation. Premium optics for a non-premium price in my opinion. GSO got a lot of flak for reducing the size of the scope. But this is likely one reason it performs so well. Another good mass produced scope the Meade 7" F15 Maksutov used a 8.3/4 oversized primary reduced to 7" and that had the best optics of the meade scopes. I owned two of them at different times. I would put this on par with that. Actually, i think it's probably better.

The results speak for themselves, I think you nailed whatever was available last night. I'm nowhere close to that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Looks like another good training session before we have Caribbean seeing at opposition 😉 Conditions were quite poor at my end as the rain beating against my bedroom window was keeping me awake 😜

Forever the optimist. We had lightening our end, loud sucker too. All trained up Without a good sky to get 😂 

• Haha 1