Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

problem with DMK21AUO4 mono USB

paul11

Hi all can anyone help with a problem with my DMK, after I take 2 or 3 1min video runs I loose the live view and the only way to get it back is to shut down the computer and unplug the USB. I am using it with IC capture 2.0. When I use it for guiding with PHD I have no problems, is this a software problem with IC capture,are there any updates available or is there another free programme I can use to capture video, thanks,,,,Paul.

Unusual.

Do you get an error message, like "connection to camera" lost?

I use the DMK21 daily for solar imaging and have no issues with IC capture.

Check the connections to the camera and maybe try a powered USB hub.

( Mine is the firewire version and I power it from a 20Ah 12V battery)

I don't like IC Capture either.

The last few days (well nights), I've been taking AVI's (usually c3000 frames), when I click stop it takes a few extra seconds than usual and then says IC Capture has had to stop - do you want to send an error message.

Regardless of what you do the laptop needs restarting.

I think the issues are software related and not camera.

Sorry I've started waffling... For your issue try using a different USB port (even if you think they are the same). My laptop has two USB2 ports and the DMK will work fine in one but freezes in the other.

HTH

Ant

Hi all and thanks for the help on this, I am getting no error message the live view just vanishes. I have tested the DMK on main computer and it runs without any problems. I have just had a look at the spec etc on my laptop. The laptop is a 1.7 ghz with 27 GB left on the hard drive it has 1 GB of RAM and onboard graphics I could try some more RAM but I am thinking of getting a newer duel core type. This is what I have been looking at do you think this will perform well.HP DV5-1213 Laptops - Cheap HP Laptops. Buy the HP DV5-1213 laptop at PC World.

The DMK needs a reliable source of power. This comes through the USB port (5V) - some USB ports give more power than others.

The ones in a desk PC always ( don't know the reason!) seem to give a good power outlet, whereas some on laptops don't.

To ensure you get a good voltage/ power at the DMK using an external "powered" USB hub is a good bet. This delivers the power directly to the outgoing USB connection.

BTW on the Firewire DMK, its rated for 8V to 30V........

Hi all I managed to take some avi’s tonight of Saturn but registax will not open them. I think running the ASCOM, HNSky, and a filter wheel is ok but I don’t have enough memory left to record. I used a powered USB hub but it did not help. When I was recording at 30 fps the video looked like it was recording 1 frame every 3 seconds so I think the files I recorded are in some way corrupted. After I finished tonight I unplugged everything from the laptop and then plugged in the DMK on it’s own. It recorded a 30 sec avi ( indoors ) and I was able to open it in registax so I can only assume my laptop is not powerful enough to run everything together, what do you think? ,,,,Paul.

Archived