Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Startrails 30th Oct 2022

New to the forum, to astronomy and astrophotography but I've been having a go at various things whenever I get the opportunity. Here's an initial go at some startrails in the back garden:

Nikon D5500, 140 x 30s exposures, processed in Sequator and then simply a filter in Google photos which brightened it a little. Quite please with the effect, I just need to plan my composition a little more!

1092761676_startrail01_2022_10_302.thumb.jpg.bbf47206f38a4feb23a2e53184f7cc08.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Welcome

Nice, did you get any planets in the mix too?

In the startrails you mean? No, definitely not at that angle. We have a couple of big streetlights out the front - i.e. facing south where the planets are visible - so I suspect that might wash out the image completely. That said, you never know until you try!

If you're interested though I did post some planetary pics here (he says, hoping the link works 😉)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice...i think your processing needs a bit more work. Please don't take that as me being horrible. I just believe in being honest. Would you be willing to share your stacked image, either here or in a private message. You can use wetransfer to get a download link to share. Im just curious to see it. 

Good work mate

I love star trail imagery. It looks great and its a good fall back option when a session doesnt go as planned, so the evening is entirely wasted. Ive done that many times 😂