NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Callisto 24th October 2022

Kon

I got a decent imaging window this evening before it became unstable. Jupiter and Callisto. I think Callisto is showing some details as well when I zoom in. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.4fe5b37b66dc2104ce01e4e1d1245c9c.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Kon said:

I got a decent imaging window this evening before it became unstable. Jupiter and Callisto. I think Callisto is showing some details as well when I zoom in. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.4fe5b37b66dc2104ce01e4e1d1245c9c.png

Nice capture. Out of interest what time did it become unstable? Do you know why? I didn't go out. I was re collimating the Newtonian.

43 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice capture. Out of interest what time did it become unstable? Do you know why? I didn't go out. I was re collimating the Newtonian.

Thanks. I think it was a combination of incoming Jetstream and air turbulence; it didn't go completely mushy but I couldn't get sharp focus either. That was around 930-10pm. This morning Mars was hard to focus as well, but we seem to have a lot of lingering mist/fog.

7 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks. I think it was a combination of incoming Jetstream and air turbulence; it didn't go completely mushy but I couldn't get sharp focus either. That was around 930-10pm. This morning Mars was hard to focus as well, but we seem to have a lot of lingering mist/fog.

Just wondered. As i saw a jet stream slowly moving across the UK. Cheers

4 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Just wondered. As i saw a jet stream slowly moving across the UK. Cheers

Yes I timed to be out around 9-10 as when I looked at the map, 11 or so was going to be over me.

• Like 1