Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I've managed to get StarXterminator confused

Lately, I seem to be developing a dubious knack of getting processing tools to generate output far from what was intended. I have had a few highly entertaining results from APP's mosaic integration tool, and this has now been delivered as a starless image from StarXterminator.

The original image was a processed and stretched tiff file from StarTools, which I have used StarXterminator on successfully many times in the past, so I'm at a loss to account for what has gone wrong this time. Still, maybe it gives a distorted insight into how the algorithm works.

NewComposite_APSXconfused.thumb.jpg.b49e9880943452c52e083800f0e88039.jpg

In previous versions of StarXT I also had these squares turning up occasionally, but never as psychedelic as yours Steve! Obviously that super-intelligent program divides the task up in squares. I assume you will send it to Russ so he can figure it out.

I've seen something similar with StarNet2 when I have a linear image and don't put a tick in the box.

The latest PI version of StarXterminator doesn't have this tick box but earlier versions did, so are you trying to remove that stars from a linear image which StarXT thinks in non-linear?