Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Short HaOii Bubble NGC 7635 with 250PX and 2600MC NBX

tooth_dr

I met up with @Xiga earlier today, and he really helped motivate me out of the rut I was in with regards to processing.  An expert with a keen eye for sure, many thanks Ciaran!

I had a small amount of NB data that I captured during the full-ish moon last week, so I thought I would start on it.

The data was taken with my blue tube 250px, on the Mesu e200, using a ZWO 2600MC camera and IDAS NBZ filter.  I guided with an OAG and 290MM.   22 x 5 minute subs, stacked in APP, split into Ha and Oiii, and processed in PS.  No RBG data for the stars so I just added in the white Ha stars.   Resized to 33% until I get more and better data.

C+C welcome/

NGC7635-bicolour.thumb.jpg.05284220869e511678627a6cfc2f911c.jpg

• Like 11

23 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I met up with @Xiga earlier today, and he really helped motivate me out of the rut I was in with regards to processing.  An expert with a keen eye for sure, many thanks Ciaran!

I had a small amount of NB data that I captured during the full-ish moon last week, so I thought I would start on it.

The data was taken with my blue tube 250px, on the Mesu e200, using a ZWO 2600MC camera and IDAS NBZ filter.  I guided with an OAG and 290MM.   22 x 5 minute subs, stacked in APP, split into Ha and Oiii, and processed in PS.  No RBG data for the stars so I just added in the white Ha stars.   Resized to 33% until I get more and better data.

C+C welcome/

NGC7635-bicolour.thumb.jpg.05284220869e511678627a6cfc2f911c.jpg

Really nice to meet up with you too Adam. It was good to talk processing to someone (other than myself! lol) for a few hours. Hopefully i didn't ramble on too much 😅

You're off to a good start. Are you using the option in APP to separate out the Ha and Oiii signal into 2 mono stacks to process independently, or are you just integrating it into one colour stack? It's been a while since i did any bi-colour work with OSC data, but i always found that having the 2 stacks gave more control. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Really nice to meet up with you too Adam. It was good to talk processing to someone (other than myself! lol) for a few hours. Hopefully i didn't ramble on too much 😅

You're off to a good start. Are you using the option in APP to separate out the Ha and Oiii signal into 2 mono stacks to process independently, or are you just integrating it into one colour stack? It's been a while since i did any bi-colour work with OSC data, but i always found that having the 2 stacks gave more control. 

Yes two stacks. Shot during full moon so oiii was poor, just a quick run over the data, have got a couple more hour to add 

• Like 1