Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon Panorama Maker, is it any good?

Hi,  First, sorry if i have got this in the wrong thread,  apologies' if i have.

I am looking at imaging the moon,  and as you may have guesses, i haven't got a camera with a wide enough view to capture it all in one frame,  and also not an imaging scope small enough to do so either.

So after doing a bit of research, i found this program called Moon Panorama Maker,  but there is very little talk about it and even less videos on it

I was interested to know if anyone here has or is using this program to make mosaics of the moon, and if so, is it any good.

Ideally i would like to use my Celestron C14 XLT to image the moon,  the result would be heaps of small mosaics due to the large focal length of 3910mm.

The other option was to use my imaging scope,  Skywatcher Esprit 150,  But would be great if i could use the C14 though.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Have a look at Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) that stitches images together and I'm sure I've used it in the past for lunar mosaics. Its  free to download (or certainly was when I did)

Edited by edarter
  • Thanks 1

I believe that the Microsoft ICE is no longer supported and therefore not available for download via the Microsoft website - I was looking for this at the weekend. Ended up using Gimp to stitch the images together which works really well, although is a little more labour intensive.