Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter with GRS - 6 Oct 2022

geoflewis

3 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Ok, last upload from me on this thread. Just put together 3 different annotated views to submit to BAA, so thought I might as well share them here too....

Jupiter_2022Oct06_22298_gdbl_rgb(x3).thumb.jpg.ba686c0dcf4ab2af18652a95b2bcbe20.jpg

3 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Ok, last upload from me on this thread. Just put together 3 different annotated views to submit to BAA, so thought I might as well share them here too....

Jupiter_2022Oct06_22298_gdbl_rgb(x3).thumb.jpg.ba686c0dcf4ab2af18652a95b2bcbe20.jpg

Nice work bet John Rogers was pleased to get those. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Stuart, yes, the C14 comes into its own once the seeing is good enough and the target has some altitude. I've just swapped to a colour camera after several years of mono, so received a lot of mentoring from @neil phillips from choice of camera, through to optimising capture and new processing techniques. Neil really got me running pretty quickly with this new camera.

You can't go far wrong getting advice from Neil. 😊 You can't go far wrong using a colour cam on Jupiter either for sure.  In my opinion the more footage you can capture during an evening the best chance you've got of snaring a fleeting moment of better seeing compared to the more time consuming RGB imaging process. Obviously fainter objects like Saturn benefit more from the mono cam.

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 1