NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Oct 7th Meade 12" LX200

Magnum

Jupiter and Io from just after 12:07 am on Oct 7th, pretty good seeing. this is only half the data the rest is still stacking but couldn't resist a quick process while im waiting

Meade 12" LX200GPS + GSO 2.5x Apo Barlow @ f23

QHY462C, 5ms, Gain 300, 195 fps, histogram at 70%

5 x 60 sec captures derotated, best 40% of 11,000 frames each.

Question for NEIL PHILLIPS , do you know why the edges have got slight squared off at 2 & 8 o'clock. not are if its windups or Registax doing it.

Lee

2022-10-06-2307_0 copy.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Jupiter and Io from just after 12:07 am on Oct 7th, pretty good seeing. this is only half the data the rest is still stacking but couldn't resist a quick process while im waiting

Meade 12" LX200GPS + GSO 2.5x Apo Barlow @ f23

QHY462C, 5ms, Gain 300, 195 fps, histogram at 70%

5 x 60 sec captures derotated, best 40% of 11,000 frames each.

Question for NEIL PHILLIPS , do you know why the edges have got slight squared off at 2 & 8 o'clock. not are if its windups or Registax doing it.

Lee

2022-10-06-2307_0 copy.jpg

Not seen that on winjupos before Lee. It looks a little like AS/3 Box artifact. to me. Run it again with bigger boxes ( if you did use AS/3 ) And see if it disappears. 

Lots of good detail in that Lee. Especially in and around the GRS 

36 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Not seen that on winjupos before Lee. It looks a little like AS/3 Box artifact. to me. Run it again with bigger boxes ( if you did use AS/3 ) And see if it disappears. 

Lots of good detail in that Lee. Especially in and around the GRS 

Thanks Neil, yeah I was thinking that though im already using large 104 pixel boxes plus multi scale. maybe I need to make sure that no edges are left without a box?

Though I just noticed while doing wavelets in Registax, when I press do all, for a split second the square edge disappears then pops back. wonder if its a Registax glitch.

Edited by Magnum

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

Thanks Neil, yeah I was thinking that though im already using large 104 pixel boxes plus multi scale. maybe I need to make sure that no edges are left without a box?

Though I just noticed while doing wavelets in Registax, when I press do all, for a split second the square edge disappears then pops back. wonder if its a Registax glitch.

That is very odd re. Disappears for a sec while reg updates. Not heard or seen that. Let us know if you figure out what's going on. You got me wondering. 

59 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

That is very odd re. Disappears for a sec while reg updates. Not heard or seen that. Let us know if you figure out what's going on. You got me wondering. 

It seems to be just inside the processing area square, but do all should apply to the whole image . 

Lovely image Lee.

I’ve not seen that square edge artefact previously, but I always avoid setting alignment boxes (APs) near the edge in AS3!, so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I can’t recall who advised me against APs near the planet edge, maybe have been DP, or AW (Bird), but it would be a quick test to run.

Good luck.

18 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Lovely image Lee.

I’ve not seen that square edge artefact previously, but I always avoid setting alignment boxes (APs) near the edge in AS3!, so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I can’t recall who advised me against APs near the planet edge, maybe have been DP, or AW (Bird), but it would be a quick test to run.

Good luck.

thanks, yes I always have the near edge box unticked. im more and more convinced its a Registax glitch when I press do all. as its not doing it on my smaller scale captures , only the ones that are over 500 pixels. It really shouldn't matter though as if it was a moon image than it would be the full image image size, so im a bit stumped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

thanks, yes I always have the near edge box unticked. im more and more convinced its a Registax glitch when I press do all. as its not doing it on my smaller scale captures , only the ones that are over 500 pixels. It really shouldn't matter though as if it was a moon image than it would be the full image image size, so im a bit stumped.

Two things Lee i think larger captures can get affected in AS/3 more. So test by running one stack with a box drawn around the whole planet. if the problem disappears its AS/3 BOX Artifact.

Two delete reg and reinstall to check that out. Best i can think Lee