Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr Region in Cygnus - L-ultimate

powerlord

So.. see other thread for my red/ha focus issues with this lens, but here is the result anyway.

8 hours of 10 min subs on a canon 300mm L USM, asi2600 and L-ultimate. Processed in APP, Siril and Affinity Photo.

Due to above issue, less detail in Ha than I'd have liked tbh, but it still came out good I think ?

sadr-l-ultimate.thumb.jpg.ac1ef4a7027b44e8c13a97f961a753c5.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stuf1978 said:

Looks great, do you still get star halos with the ultimate? That's one thing that bugs me with my L-eXtreme 

I've been testing this filter extensively. In practical use there are no halos; but if you really stress test it with a bright star (e.g. Vega) then you will see halos. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

I've been testing this filter extensively. In practical use there are no halos; but if you really stress test it with a bright star (e.g. Vega) then you will see halos. 

Sounds promising, may have to upgrade 👍

1 minute ago, Stuf1978 said:

Sounds promising, may have to upgrade 👍

I'm currently writing a review that directly compares the L-eXtreme with the L-Ultimate and the Askar Colour Magic 6nm. It should be ready in a week or so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

I'm currently writing a review that directly compares the L-eXtreme with the L-Ultimate and the Askar Colour Magic 6nm. It should be ready in a week or so.

Nice one, look forward to reading it 👍

• Like 1

sounds interesting. Certainly I'll be buying a second one soon for my second asi2600. The only downside I've found so far, and one I've not double checked is that my Ha was unfocused with my canon 300mm with it.

Oh, and of course - less light so longer subs for PAing, focusing, etc needed.

As Lee says, halos non existent really.

It'd be intersting to do a target which also has strong sii- and shoot ha/oii with l-ultimate, then sii with an sii filter - so full SHO with an OSC.

• Like 1