Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help With SynScan WiFi Adapter

Kepler 3

Hi, I was using the adapter last night and initially I turned on the mount and did a 1-star alignment on Vega from the home polar aligned position and it slewed fairly accurately. I had then turned off the mount and restarted but when I tried to 1-star align the mount stewed way off of the target, Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong. I noticed that when I retried that the mount was in Equatorial mode and did not have to re-connect.

Thanks

Dick

Make sure the scope is parked in the home position before you power it off then on. With my synscan wiffi adapter I do an initial 3 star alignment on my mount, then switch control over to Skysafari to then run with targets. I don’t think a one star alignment works well, so try a 2 star or better still a 3 star alignment. You don’t say what mount you have, but if you have one you can polar align do that too as it makes things even better when slewing to objects.