NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

From Rainy Kelling Heath - The Cosmic Lizard SH2-126

powerlord

I reckon Cosmic Salamander has a better ring to it frankly.

Anyway, it's been an utter wash out here so far - last night there was some clear between the clouds though - I got 191 minutes in the end, but mostly just 60 second subs as it was too cloudy to reliably guide. Later in the night it cleared up enough to start guiding and up the subs to 5 mins.

It then started raining at 5am, causing me to have to run around outside in nothing but my kecks madly trying to cover everything up - luckily it was pitch dark so there were no fatalities from seeing this.

So this is the result - very very noisy, but recognisable and would have been difficult for me to image this in my home skies.

No filters, asi2600,redcat and an EQ5 from the ark with eqstar automation and an asiair pro.

Tonight is apparently looking promising.. I write that at 18:30 with rain battering off the roof of the motorhome...

If I can image tonight I'm going for a widefield of the Iris - as I think, like the lizard it's within the pinhole of sky I can see above my van (I have without doubt the worst pitch in the park, surrounded on all sides by high trees - if it ain't within 20 degrees of polaris I've had it.

cosmicLizard.sh2-126.thumb.jpg.421f1582a0293c33b6b104f5ec925714.jpg

• Like 12

pleasure to meet both of you.

here's a starless version as it's only then you can see a few galaxies hanging out in there.

you will have to try to ignore all the 'dandruff' noise when you zoom in, but there are a few recognisable spirals in there. prob top right is best (NGC7282)

cosmicLizard.sh2-126-starless.thumb.jpg.ebb9a8bcf753ffb97530d4c4a6eea0fb.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 2