Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh No

If the same as my Explorer 150p, It's the same thread and nearly the same length as the screw on my SV Bony guide scope/finder rings.

It's also the same thread as the screws/bolts you get on the end of some sky-watcher dovetail bars.

Edited by Laurieast

5 minutes ago, Dave scutt said:

502895441_PXL_20220924_1253422092.thumb.jpg.f606e4fc2ed581bbe75be97c6ece095d.jpg

That one is a locking screw, not strictly needed - especially if you leave the other 2 slightly slack. Can't be quite sure in your original photo if the bolt has stripped the thread it goes into, in which case a replacement won't help.

Dave Hi that is a collimation-locking bolt. I also have a Skywatcher 12" cell, and I never use those locking bolts, actually: my springs are strong enough to hold everything in place as I move my scope around. Also, I am about to receive an Orion Optics 300mm mirror cell, so my SW cell will very soon be redundant anyway.

Consequently, for either of those reasons, I'd be very happy to send you my locking knobs. Otherwise It would ve going to metal recycyling soon anyway. I believe I still have your address in my PM inbox from the RDF you took off me.

Shall I post it? No charge obviously.

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Dave Hi that is a collimation-locking bolt. I also have a Skywatcher 12" cell, and I never use those locking bolts, actually: my springs are strong enough to hold everything in place as I move my scope around. Also, I am about to receive an Orion Optics 300mm mirror cell, so my SW cell will very soon be redundant anyway.

Consequently, for either of those reasons, I'd be very happy to send you my locking knobs. Otherwise It would ve going to metal recycyling soon anyway. I believe I still have your address in my PM inbox from the RDF you took off me.

Shall I post it? No charge obviously.

Cheers, Magnus

Pm'd

Just scrolled all through the thread to tell you the original pic looks like the thread in the scope has gone.
You beat me to it😄

I think I am right in saying these solution arre worth considering...

Option 1. The locking screw does not have to be eactly located.
Dismantle the scope....
Drill and tap a hole nearby.
Exactly where depends on how the mirror cell looks.

Option 2. Drill out the hole to clear out the remant of thread, open up to a size to tap.
Buy some thread reducers like these from Amazon. B09P4K9PMV
These are shown for the idea. You can buy them in various sizes.

I don't have this scope for reference so there may be a better solution.

HTH, David.

• Like 4