NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn, Jupiter and Mars (11th September)

Kon

I did not expect much last night with the awful transparency we had. There were moments that things did not seem to 'boil'. Despite that I shot my best Saturn in IR (the colour is ehhh!).  Very happy with Jupiter as well. I am presenting you the three planets. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, UV/IR cut or IR pass filter, 2.5x TV powermate.

image.png.a819685a20cf084f19a1123dbece42c8.pngimage.png.497e9fc8ce3356ee04c922df45cf4bd6.pngimage.png.2b6df5148a7c61bb10b3fee303225cae.png

image.png.5c11e5eed053837e3020b662f17e6add.png 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Saturn in IR is so much better, lovely Mars too. Was that quite late as earlier in the evening I thought the red spot was showing having looked last night at stalerium

Thank you. Yes the colour Saturn is a bit embarrassing 🤣. You are right, the GRS was on show earlier but my seeing was awful to have capture it.

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

That Jupiter is excellent. Your pulling out some real fine detail now. Not just bold detail. That Mars is also very nice. 

Thanks Neil, it means a lot! They have come out quite well despite the milky sky. Mars was still low on my East but the sky deteriorated  pretty fast after 3am.