SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter under good seeing (3 September)

Kon

I had a surprising good seeing at 5am this morning (it started bad at 4) and I think this may be my best Jupiter so far; happy to be told otherwise 😬. 8" Dob, manual, 2.5x TV powermate, asi462mc, UV/IR cut filter. 1.5 drizzle and resized to 80%. I am also attaching the stacked tiff from autostakert if you think you can pull something more out of it. 

image.png.324f08670916b6c6b2e448442b1ce890.png

Jupiter_052417_pipp_g5_ap14_Drizzle15.tif

Edited by Kon
  • Like 10

• Kon changed the title to Jupiter under good seeing (3 September)

Looks excellent to me @Kon. That’s an interesting dark ‘knot’ just left of centre on the NEB. Not sure how to describe that, not a barge, looks grey blue in colour which is normally what festoons appear as. Perhaps the dark top of a festoon?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks excellent to me @Kon. That’s an interesting dark ‘knot’ just left of centre on the NEB. Not sure how to describe that, not a barge, looks grey blue in colour which is normally what festoons appear as. Perhaps the dark top of a festoon?

Thank you. I have noticed it as well between different captures. My resolution has mostly been hindered but it is very obvious here. I would agree that it looks like a festoon but it would be good to have some sharper images from others 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Yes I would say that may well be your nicest capture. Congrats good catch. Cloudy here. The NEB Continues to have some major disturbances. With Eruptions and outbreaks really changing its shape. 

Thanks Neil. Yes I was very pleased and it did not take much wavelets in registax to pull it out. I am coming to the conclusion that unless seeing is good no matter what I do it will not look good. Seeing was awful at the beginning, i have 100gb of captures from earlier, but I seemed to have got that 5 min of good seeing at 5, 2 captures; trying to work my way around winjupos to see if i can combine the two captures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Really nice result 👍🏼 Amazing what can be done with a manual dob 

Thanks. Very pleased to have something decent with my setup. It makes for the several early mornings.