Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dephinus Double Double & More (With Sketches)

Thursday, 8.50 (getting earlier!), 8SE (with Reducer) on GoTo.  Aligned on Altair.

Sigma 2690 Del - quadruple, visual double, 7th mag pair, 17.8" sep, status uncertain.  At x36, a good split, close, very good match, side by side.  Lovely!

Sigma 2738 Del - triple, with 7th, 8th, and 8th mags, 15" and a superwide 209".  Not physical.  Again, a good and close split at x36.  Nice.  Sketch illustrates this better.

The next two were the "stars of the show" (see sketch), forming a beautiful double double:

Gamma Del (Al Salib) - 4th and 5th mags, 9".  Part of the Job's Coffin asterism.  Good match, side by side.  x73 used.

Sigma 2725 Del - (2)+1 triple, visual double.  Same 1.04 deg FOV as the above, thus forming a delightful double double.  

I finished with a quick look at M27 Dumbbell Nebula (planetary neb in Vulpecula).  As viewed before, it was an elongated fuzzy patch at x36 and higher.

Just over an hour, very satisfying indeed!

Doug.

P1090347.JPG

• Like 12

Fine report as always Doug and keep them coming as you always provide a list of interesting doubles.

I did grab Gamma Delphinus ( Al Salib ) on Wednesday/Thursday morning, a lovely double, but no others as I was hunting for M72...again. I did get it this time after some while,with averted vision , as it sits in the sky above the light pollution of Bedford.

• Like 1