LBN251

carastro

Another gem from Cygnus, been meaning to image this for some time. It is often imaged in with the Butterfly Nebula etc but rarely imaged on it's own.

Taken over two nights from home (Bortle 8), bit of a Pain for me being near the Zenith as I have to keep taking the dome off being a clamshell design and it is no mean feat.

Atik460EX, Skywatcher ED120 + FR x 0.8
HEQ5
Ha 26 x 600
Oiii 11 x 300 binned
Sii 12 x 300 binned

Total imaging time 5h 50mins taken over two nights.

Astrobin link: https://www.astrobin.com/hicjnq/B/

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 18

Just to echo Peter's comment above Carole, i also love the colour palette on this one. Bright and colourful, right up my street i have to say! 

A special mention as well on the stars. They look especially natural, and not disc-like, which is so easy to do on NB images. 👏

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, I really did not know what to expect on this one as there are few examples around on this scale.  So I was quite surprised and delighted when I managed to pull out the yellow sitting on top of the blue as I had no idea it could look like this. 

Glad you all like the colours as I have to confess to being a "bright colours person" and that's not to everyone's taste. 

A special mention as well on the stars. They look especially natural, and not disc-like, which is so easy to do on NB images. 👏

Thanks Xiga, I should have mentioned that I was using the Baader Ultranarrowband filters which I have been very pleased with.  I only got the full set in the last few months and they do give slightly smaller stars too.  I get very little practice at Broadband living in Bortle 8, so when I go to Astro camps which I shall be doing twice over the next two months to capture the targets I can't do from home I do struggle with the larger stars in LRGB which I am not really used to.

Watch this space (literally).

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1