Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Will a Star-Adventurer and Evostar 72-ED go well together?

This is a question I have had in my mind for sometime. Alternative scopes being an 80ed or a ST102/120 for dark sky viewing only. But more the successor to the star adventurer that is out of stock everywhere. Are there any alternative mounts? 

2 hours ago, ED Splitter said:

successor to the star adventurer

I guess you are referring to the GTI version with full goto. The second batch of mounts look to be available soon with the USA already reporting deliveries.

The problem is that its such a popular mount that once suppliers have filled the firm orders there is little if any free stock to put on the shelf.

Do you mean the Star adventurer, star adventurer 2i or star adventurer gti? 

You'll be lucky if you can get a star adventurer gti this year now with all mounts taken in the first shipment. 

If I were you try the az gti and convert to eq mode quite simple to do, you will need a Field flattener no matter what as you'll get oval stars around the outside. 

Lee

IMG_20220611_121021.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 3

On 20/08/2022 at 18:07, AstroNebulee said:

Do you mean the Star adventurer, star adventurer 2i or star adventurer gti? 

You'll be lucky if you can get a star adventurer gti this year now with all mounts taken in the first shipment. 

If I were you try the az gti and convert to eq mode quite simple to do, you will need a Field flattener no matter what as you'll get oval stars around the outside. 

Lee

IMG_20220611_121021.jpg

Im referring to SA 2i my bad for not referring

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WilliamAstro said:

Im referring to SA 2i my bad for not referring

No problems 😊, do you already own the star adventurer?  If so this video may prove helpful. 

If you don't own a star adventurer, do consider the az gti in EQ mode (some suppliers sell all you need in a kit to convert to eq mode) or a SA gti though like I say probably not available until sometime next year now. Maybe if you're very quick and order a sa gti from FLO they may have some spare in a week or so but be quick looking at flo post a few hours ago.

see last post! The goto on either will save you valuable time and be ultra helpful. 

Lee

Edited by AstroNebulee
Add link

• 3 weeks later...