Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using a heating fan to prevent moisture for planetary imaging.

I began using a heating fan to help tackle dew on my equipment over time, but the problem is that the turbulence can affect my views on the planets. There for I will be stuck in a rut of tackling the dew and trying to keep the seeing from deteriorating. What will you think if my idea is when I finished taking a run through of capturing one planet then turn the heater on to remove the dew?

I have used a heater on the rare occasions that my Dew heater has either not been on high enough or i have forgot to plug it in.  Not sure i would want the hassle of doing it regular, as you have to wait for the turbulence created to subside.

Do you use any sort of Dew shield? Even a home made will help

Assuming you have mains available....Have you considered a heated pet mat for your table top?
They come in assorted sizes and shapes.
As a low power device, it is not going to overheat your laptop and not having a fan means you won't get lots of turbulence.
By introducing a little bit of heat to your laptop, you discourage condensation.

If you return to eyeball viewing, the pad can go on your observing chair🤣

Is the Essex climate especially dew-prone? I use a dew-shield on my scope and leave the laptop next to the scope in the open.  I rarely if ever have a problem.  I don't need to write anything down while planetary imaging, as the laptop saves all necessary details.

I actually use a wire mesh table (part of a re-purposed mini green house) to support the laptop and accessory box.

Ok, I understand now. I used to get the same problem. A plastic storage crate with the laptop inside was my solution, then a long cable into the warm, now a remote fanless PC which generates plenty of heat.